Call for Submissions: Agile on the Beach 2019
For four weeks only, from November 21st to December 21st, Agile on the Beach will be accepting proposals for talks and workshops at the 2019 conference, happening on 11th and 12th July, at Falmouth University, Cornwall.
Agile on the Beach has a history of selling out, with over 400 attendees expected for both days of the conference. Approximately 40 presentations will be delivered across the five conference tracks:
- Product Design: product look and feel etc., e.g. UXD, user experience, front end design.
- Product Management, e.g. product discovery, business analysis.
- Team working, e.g. culture, personnel management, leadership.
- Agile Practices, e.g. agile basics, writing user stories, retrospectives.
- Agility in business – using agile approaches in both technology and non-technology businesses.
- Software delivery – engineering, programing, testing and operations, e.g. TDD, BDD, continuous delivery, architecture, reliability.
Due to the volume of submissions, unfortunately we cannot accept all submissions. The submissions are reviewed by a panel of reviewers in two rounds and we will contact everyone who submitted before 31 March 2019. We try to provide meaningful feedback on all proposals.
In addition to the formal workshops the conference hosts three social events: a ‘Pasty and Pint’ night on the eve before the conference, the Agile on the Beach beach party and a retrospective boat party on the final night.
Successful submissions are offered free entry to the conference, tickets to all social events, on campus accommodation for three nights and a travel allowance.
- 21 November – 21 December: Submissions open
- 1-13 January: Round 1 reviews
- 21 January – 3 February: Round 2 reviews
- Final decisions and contact with speakers
- 1 March: Speakers announced
- 11 & 12 July: Conference
If you have any queries regarding any of the above, please email email@example.com
Below you can see the successful submissions from last year.