- Agile on the Beach 2017 sold out for fourth year running!
Sold Out for 4th year running!
We are delighted to confirm Agile on the Beach 2017 has sold out reaching its target of 360 attending. We are implementing a small expansion with extra studio space, some additional accommodation and a bigger boat allowing us to expand the conference to 400, please book soon to be sure ...
- 2017 Programme and Speakers Announced
We are delighted to announce our 2017 Programme.
We are also excited to confirm Dan North, originator of BDD and James Lewis, Principal Consultant at Thoughtworks will be delivering an exclusive double act keynote at Agile on the Beach this year especially for us!
Dan and James will be joining Diana Larsen and James Grenning as keynote ...
- HUB – Videos, Slides, Blogs and Media from Agile on the Beach All HUB POSTS
you can search and refine hub content using our search box and tags, or by track on the home page
- 2016 Speaker Selection Panel We are currently reviewing submissions for our 2017 conference, we have received 353 submissions, which will be reviewed by our panel and selected for our line up which we will announce in full by April.
We are pleased to welcome 3 Guest Revewers to assist the committee in selecting our line up this year.
Sarah Fairbairn – ...
- James Grenning to keynote Agile on the Beach 2017 We are delighted to confirm James Grenning will be joining us from Chicago to keynote Agile on the Beach 2017.
James Grenning trains, coaches and consults worldwide. James’ mission is to bring modern technical and management practices to product development teams, especially embedded systems development teams.
He is the author of Test-Driven Development for Embedded C (http://wingman-sw.com/tddec). ...
- Season’s greetings! Diana Larsen confirmed to speak at Agile on the Beach 2017
To celebrate we are delighted to announce our first, exceptional keynote speaker for agile teams and business in 2017, Ms Diana Larsen.
We will be announcing our second and equally brilliant technical keynote from Chicago in the New Year, as well as an exciting final keynote to close our conference, and a unique and amazing ...
- Agile on the Beach wins ‘Agile Event of the Year 2016’ in Global Agile Awards Agile on the Beach named as The Global Agile Event of the Year in the 2016 Agile Awards.
We are delighted and humbled to have won Agile Event of the Year in the #agileawards.
It is great to see our agile community recognised and we thank everyone who is involved in making our conference happen each year. ...
- 2016 Keynotes released on new website We are delighted to release and share the first of our videos from our 2016 conference. Our keynotes from Linda Rising, and Rebecca Parsons are now available to watch at www.agileonthebeach.co.uk
Further videos from 2016 will be released in batches over the next few months.
- New event website launched for Agile on the Beach 2017 For our 2017 event we are delighted to launch our new website at www.agileonthebeach.co.uk
With our new event focused site we aim to provide a better experience for our delegates attending. The new site features easier online booking facilities, an online community to connect with other attending, as well as a full app enabling delegates to ...
- Photos 2016 We are delighted to share our official photos from Agile on the Beach 2016
Thanks to www.tobyweller.co.uk for capturing our event so brilliantly!
you can also find the photos on www.facebook.com/agileonthebeach
- Students challenge perspectives of Cornish tech sector at Agile on the Beach
Agile on the Beach were delighted to display Falmouth Students work at this years conference who have been working on a project to challenge the perspectives of the tech sector here in Cornwall.
The work is the outcome of a collaboration project between Software Cornwall and Level 2 Falmouth University BA(Hons) Graphic Design students to brand ...
- Media Content, Blogs and Photos 2016 Thank you to everyone who has shared their media, notes and reflections of Agile on the Beach 2016
We will collate as much of this content as possible here for you to view and to help make it accessible to the broader community
if you have content you wish to share please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ...
- Things to do in Cornwall during your visit Cornwall 365 have kindly put together a guid of activities for events and places to visit while you visit Agile on the Beach
Cornwall is buzzing with events and activities – and just because the summer is nearing its end, it doesn’t mean the fun is over!
Read on for a selection of some of the lovely ...
- Tidal wave of tech visitors set to hit Cornwall News Release
Tidal wave of tech visitors set to hit Cornwall
Cornwall gets ready to welcome delegates to global tech conference Agile on the Beach
Cornwall is getting ready to host one of the world’s most popular conferences in a specialist field of business and project management – Agile.
Agile on the Beach 2016 is now fully booked with ...
- Social Gatherings 2016 FOR DETAILS OF OUR 2017 EVENT PLEASE VISIT WWW.AGILEONTHEBEACH.CO.UK
For Agile on the Beach 2016 we will have 3 evening social gatherings alongside the 2 days of conference sessions.
31 August – Wednesday Evening – Pre Conference Pasty and a Pint Night.
If you are arriving on the Wednesday please join us at our pre conference meet up. ...
- 2016 Slides & Video – Archive FOR DETAILS OF OUR 2017 CONFERENCE PLEASE VISIT WWW.AGILEONTHEBEACH.CO.UK
Submit to speak at Agile on the Beach 2017 – click here for more information
2016 Line up – Slides and Videos (work in progress) – bold have slides/video links
2016 Schedule and Brochure PDF Download
5 Tracks – Software Delivery, Teams & Practices, Product Design & Management, and Business, ...
- Bonus Doubles 2016 2016 Line up :: Software Delivery Track :: Agile Business Track :: Agile Teams and Practices Track :: Product Design and Management Track :: Bonus Doubles Track
Bonus Double Sessions
There will be 4 bonus interactive workshops this year at Agile on the Beach, all double sessions
Education for Engineers – Robert Chatley, Develogical Ltd / Imperial ...
- Teams & Practices 2016 2016 Line up :: Software Delivery Track :: Agile Business Track :: Agile Teams and Practices Track :: Product Design and Management Track :: Bonus Doubles Track
Agile Teams & Practices
Accelerated learning with Mob Programming – Karel Boekhout
Keeping distributed agile teams ‘face to face’ – David Longman
Ship fast! – Judith Andresen
Performance Management: the new team ...
- Product 2016 2016 Line up :: Software Delivery Track :: Agile Business Track :: Agile Teams and Practices Track :: Product Design and Management Track :: Bonus Doubles Track
Product Design and Management
Iterative Persona – Adrian Howard, Quietstars
How to do effective research in an irrational world – Kat Matfield, The Round/Silicon Milkround
UX and A3 Thinking: User First ...
- Business 2016 2016 Line up :: Software Delivery Track :: Agile Business Track :: Agile Teams and Practices Track :: Product Design and Management Track :: Bonus Doubles Track
Agile Business 2016
Measuring Agile success – David Leach, Leanintoagile.co.uk
Value – Andrea Provaglio, Agile Transformation Coach
Mindful Agile: The Foundation of How We Grow – Kamila Piorowska
Case Study: Seven Years ...
- Software Delivery 2016 2016 Line up :: Software Delivery Track :: Agile Business Track :: Agile Teams and Practices Track :: Product Design and Management Track :: Bonus Doubles Track
We are delighted to confirm our Software Delivery line up which will run on the both days at Agile on the Beach
The Software Delivery track will be headlined ...
- Keynote 2016 : Linda Rising, Better Decision Making: Science or Stories? 2016 Keynote: Dr Linda Rising, internationally known for her work in patterns, retrospectives, influence strategies, agile development, and the change process.
Video : Linda Rising 2016 Keynote https://youtu.be/R8NWhf9iiKk
Linda Rising Keynote Slides
Better Decision Making: Science or Stories?
Dr Linda Rising joined us from Nashville, Tennessee to keynote Agile on the Beach 2016. Linda is internationally known ...
- Keynote 2016 : Rebecca Parsons, Thoughtworks, Agile Alliance We were delighted to welcome Rebecca to Cornwall in September 2016 to share her thoughts and insights on agile software development
Dr. Rebecca Parsons, ThoughtWorks’ Chief Technology Officer and Director of Agile Alliance.
“Like the technology her company is known for, Dr. Rebecca Parsons can be described as disruptive.”
2016 Keynote : Dr. Rebecca Parsons, ThoughtWorks’ Chief Technology ...
- Cornwall Ranked 2nd highest growth cluster in UK Tech Nation Report Cornwall’s growing tech community has been featured in the 2016 Tech Nation report produced by the Government funded programme Tech City and Nesta.
Download the Full report Tech Nation 2016
Cornwalls Capital and surrounding areas gained the attention of the Tech Nation Team following the high response to its survey run in late 2015.
Featured as an emerging ...
- 350 gather for biggest ever Agile on the Beach 350 gather for biggest ever Agile on the Beach
Last week Agile on the Beach, a global leading conference ran for its fifth year in Falmouth Cornwall. The biggest year yet, 350 agile professionals gathered to attend the 2 day conference and beach party. This successful Cornish Software and Business conference focuses on the development ...
- 2015 Links, Blogs and Media content Agile on the Beach 2015
Please do let us know if you have any links, blogs or media content you would like us to share
email@example.com – Belinda
Slides & Videos .. work in progress
@Agileonthebeach #agileotb is being captured in real time, have a look: buff.ly/1VzjtmZ
Chris Oldwood @chrisoldwood 43m43 minutes ago
Stand-Up on the ...
- Photos 2015 A huge thank you to our photographer Toby Weller for his fantastic photography of Agile on the Beach 2015 – please do feel free to share these photos and do give Agile on the Beach a mention if you use them. Thank you!
You can find more photos on our facebook page and the twitter thread ...
- Olly Brand – Working Remotely in a Global Team – Live Blog 2015 Olly Brand is a technology consultant who works (remotely) for IBM. He specialises in the design, building and running of Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing. He coaches remote working and Agile practices and has been featured in the Times, Guardian and Financial Times. You can catch up with Olly on Twitter.
After starting with IBM 15 ...
- Matthew Dodkins – Archipelagos of Git – Live Blog 2015 Matthew is an experienced programmer who leads an Agile team of embedded software engineers at Bluefruit Software, Cornwall. Matthew works on a variety of projects including electric bikes, medical grade water purifiers and time code encryption systems. You can catch up with Matthew via Bluefruit on Twitter.
Note: This is primarily a code demo talk
Code reviews ...
- Shirley Atkinson – Teaching Agile – Live Blog 2015 Shirley Atkinson is a lecturer and programme manager for BSC (Hons) Computing at Plymouth University. Shirley has a passion for ensuring industry relevant content is shared enthusiastically with students learning to become computing professionals. You can catch up with Shirley on Twitter.
After a career in industry she became disillusioned by the culture of promising the ...
- Danny Whear – My Kanban Diary – Live Blog 2015 Danny Whear is the communication and brand manager for ShelterBox and self taught nerd. Danny has a background in design and communications within the charity sector and commercial world. You can catch up with Danny on Twitter.
Danny introduced snuck an Agile mindset to ShelterBox.
Danny places an emphasis on the culture, people and team dynamic elements ...
- Jenni Jepsen – Agile Leadership and Teams – Live Blog 2015 Jenni Jepsen is a partner at goAgile, a Denmark-based Agile consulting firm, where she helps people to deliver the right product faster. While she is crazy about Agile methodologies, she is most interested in delivering value – no matter what the process. You can catch up with Jenni on Twitter.
To convince stakeholders that the soft ...
- Benji Weber and Alex Wilson – Product Development at the Unruly Mob – Live Blog 2015 Benji Weber & Alex Wilson are software developers at Unruly. Alex is part of the product development team dealing with scaling and continuous development on a daily basis. Benji leads an extreme programming team who build primarily with Java. You can catch up with Alex and Benji on Twitter.
Unruly use small extreme programming teams with ...
- Letita Fearon – This is Agile? – Live Blog 2015 Letitia Fearon is a Agile Business Analyst, currently with Lloyds of London, with over ten years experience. Letitia helps individuals, teams and organisations work effectively with Agile techniques, using Scrum, Lean or Kanban. You can catch up with Letita on Twitter.
Do we really work in an Agile environment. More than half of the audience indicate ...
- James Lewis – Building systems that are #neverdone – Live Blog 2015 James Lewis is a Principal Consultant for ThoughtWorks. He’s a developer and coach introducing evolutionary architecture practices and agile software development techniques to Investment Banks, Publishers and media organisations. You can catch up with James at his website and on Twitter.
James is made of eyes!
What is never done?
It’s not building systems that are unfinished, instead ...
- Craig Girvan and Toby Parkins – The Open Agile Profiling System – Live Blog Craig and Toby founded Headforwards in 2011 as an alternative outsourcing option for companies looking for better software development. They are currently engaged with NTT and AXA PPP Healthcare as well as some startup businesses. You can catch up with Craig and Toby on the Headforwards website.
One of the most overlooked yet important parts of ...
- Belinda Waldock – Being Agile in Business – Live Blog 2015 Belinda Waldock is an Agile coach and business mentor based in Cornwall. Belinda has worked with a broad range of high growth businesses to adopt agile practices to leverage their growth aspirations You can catch up with Belinda at her website and on Twitter.
Belinda personally booked the weather for the conference. Many thanks!
There is a ...
- Live Blog – Dave Farley – Continuous Development (Keynote) 2015 Dave Farley is the author of ‘Continuous Delivery’ and the ‘Reactive Manifesto’. He has 30 years experience of software development and was an early adopter of agile development techniques. You can catch up with Dave at his website and on Twitter.
A long time ago in a canteen far away…….
Dave dreamed up Farley’s three laws.
People are ...
- Friday Night Retrospective Dinner
Friday Night Retrospective Dinner
We would like to invite you to join us at the Agile on the Beach Retrospective dinner on Friday evening
Friday Night Retrospective Dinner – details and tickets for the Friday night dinner
Friday, 4 September 2015 from 19:00 to 22:30 (BST)
Friday evening we are inviting speakers, delegates and sponsors of Agile on ...
- 350 gather for biggest ever Agile on the Beach Press Release 1st September 2015
This week Agile on the Beach kicks off for its fifth year and is set to see its biggest year yet with 350 agile professionals booked to attend the 2 day conference and beach party. This successful Cornish Software and Business conference focuses on the development and adoption of the agile ...
- Last few tickets available The early bird tickets end on 31 July
We are now at 95% capacity so please secure your ticket to avoid disappointment !
- The Valiantys Pasty Night The Valiantys Pasty Night
We are delighted to confirm Valiantys as Sponsors of the Agile on the Beach Pre Conference Gathering and speakers at this years conference.
Founded in 2006, Valiantys are specialists in the supply and implementation of Atlassian tools. An extensive portfolio of consulting and training services complements our core competencies in software development & ...
- Early Bird Ending, 90% Capacity, Schedule Additions
Early Bird Email News – July 2015
Agile on the Beach
3rd & 4th September 2015
Our latest schedule is available on the website
Bluefruit – Agile Quality – Paul Massey joins the speaker line up to discuss Agile Quality
Plymouth University – Teaching Agile – Shirley Atkinson on delivering agile graduates
Cornwall College – Next Generation – Mike Trebilcock ...
- Crowdfunding to launch TechBritannia Tour at Agile on the Beach Media sponsors TechBritannia is currently running a crowdfunder campaign to launch a tour of the UKs leading tech hubs and could start their tour at agile on the beach.
To visit an area they have set a target of £1000 collaboratively raised. With Cornish businesses already pledging £295 the target is well on the way with ...
- Creating the Next Generation of Software Developers – Code Club session at Agile on the Beach Mike Trebilcock of Cornwall College will be speaking on Friday lunchtime and introducing the next generation of software developers
Creating the next generation of Software Developers – Mike Trebilcock Cornwall College
Find out about the exciting developments in Cornwall to improve the talent pool of skilled developers in the county. We should have live demos, children, maybe ...
- Cornwall College launch new Computing degree following Design a Degree at Agile on the Beach
We are extremely pleased to welcome the launch of a new computing degree being offered at Cornwall College Camborne!
The BSc Honours in Computing Technologies will be awarded by Plymouth University, and has been designed with help from Software Cornwall as part of our many initiatives to fill the skills gap in this industry.
Programme Manager for ...
- New Sponsors – Bluefruit
We are delighted to welcome local software development company Bluefruit to the conference as Silver sponsors this year.
Bluefruit Software are the UK’s leading embedded software specialists, working on projects with large clients such as Cosworth and Schneider Electric. Based in Cornwall, their ever-expanding team of highly skilled software engineers receive award-winning training opportunities, and focus ...
- APMG International confirmed as Agile on the Beach 2015 sponsor APMG International confirmed as Agile on the Beach 2015 sponsor
We are delighted to announce that APMG International is the latest addition to an exciting line-up of sponsors for Agile on the Beach 2015.
APMG International is an award-winning, global accreditation and examination institute. APMG accredit professional training and consulting organizations and manage certification schemes for knowledge-based ...
- Cornwall College confirm sponsorship for 2015 We are delighted to confirm Cornwall College as sponsors for 2015.
Speaker session to be confirmed
Cornwall College is one of the largest further and higher education colleges in the UK.We are committed to enriching the lives and creating new opportunities for our community.
Our mission is: “To provide learners with a high quality experience, celebrated through vocational ...
- Line up Announced
Agile on the Beach Schedule
3 & 4th September 2015.
We are delighted to confirm the running order for this year, click to access the PDF
Direct PDF linkSpeakers 2015
Ticket Discount Ending Soon
Discount ends next week – 31st May – Super Early Bird Tickets are on sale for the conference and can be secured via eventbrite until ...
- Plymouth University confirm sponsorship for Agile on the Beach
We are pleased to confirm Plymouth University will be again sponsoring and speaking at Agile on the Beach
Plymouth University’s mission is to advance knowledge and transform lives through education, research and innovation, working in partnership to drive social inclusion, economic prosperity and sustainability. This partnership approach firmly connects us with our communities, maximises impact and ...
- 2015 Keynotes Announced! Agile on the Beach 2015 Keynotes
We are delighted to confirm our keynote speakers for 2015 as Dave Farley on Continuous Delivery and Jenni Jepsen on Agile Leadership & Teams. Both will join a variety of speakers discussing agile software, products, teams and business at the conferences new venue, the Performance Centre on the Tremough Campus ...
- New Bigger Venue for Agile on the Beach 2015 We are pleased to confirm that Agile on the Beach 2015 will be moving to The Performance Centre at Falmouth University. The Centre is part of Tremough Campus at Penryn where the conference has previously been held in the Du Maurier building.
This move provides extra space and facilities that will enable us to comfortably host ...
- Agile on the Beach 2014 placed 3rd in Agile Conference Top 50 We are delighted to have been awarded 3rd place out of 105 agile conferences in Software Development Todays – Top 50 Agile Conferences.
It is wonderful to be a part of the wealth of agile events working to grow and share agile practices and experiences across the globe.
- Agile on the Beach 2014 : Sharing Agile : Twitter Reach We thought those of you who joined us in conversation last year on twitter for Agile on the Beach might like to know just how far your tweets reached on the 5th September!
Thanks to all contributors to Agile on the Beach 2014, we hope to see you again in 2015
tweetreach report – please note results ...
- Blog : A Student Perspective of Agile on the Beach
3 things I learned at Agile on the Beach
I came, I saw, I learned . Here’s my 3 biggest take homes of a fantastic trip to the Agile on the Beach 2014 conference.
Towards the end of the summer I was lucky enough to attend the Agile on the Beach conference, courtasy of Plymouth University. Held ...
- Agile on the Beach 2014 Favorites A few of our favorite quotes and statistics from Agile on the Beach 2014
315 people attended Agile on the Beach 2014
95% of survey respondents said YES – being agile makes you happy!
“Agile on the Beach really brought the subject to life and prepared me for the second year of university.” Tony Edwards Plymouth University (blog)
- Blogs and Links from 2014
Blogs & Links 2014
Below are a number of links to blogs and other content from this years conference
If you have any content you would like to share please email us firstname.lastname@example.org
BLOG : Liveblogging from Agile on the Beach by Alex Yates on September 4, 2014 in Observations I’m continuously deploying my updates to live whilst attending sessions at Agile ...
- Cornish Agile Business Models in The Times We are delighted to see Cornish adoption of agile featured in the Raconteur The Agile Business Supplement in The Times. http://raconteur.net/the-agile-business-2014
Agile on the Beach and Headforwards Case study
Working together towards shared aims http://raconteur.net/business/altogether-now-towards-shared-aims includes quotes from the conference and insights into Business Agility from Headforwards a Cornish based high growth business.
The Business Agility model developed ...
- 2014 Sessions now online Videos of 2014 Sessions are now online http://agileonthebeach.com/2014-2/
All slides received are now also available for download/link from the website
Please do feel free to send any other conference content you would like me to share on the website as we also have a blogs and links page email@example.com
Photos : http://agileonthebeach.com/2014-2/photos-2014/
Blogs and Links : http://agileonthebeach.com/2014-2/shared-content-2014/
Many thanks from ...
- Post Conference Content Update Thank you so much to everyone who joined and supported us this year and hello to all who have been following us online. We hope you have enjoyed Agile on the Beach 2014! Please find an update on progress for post conference content below.
Firstly, 2014 attendees : Please do complete our 2014 survey by Friday ...
- CORNWALL’S RECORD BREAKING “AGILE ON THE BEACH” KICKS OFF: LAUNCHES WORLD FIRST DESIGN A DEGREE PROGRAMME As British pupils and teachers are heading back to class with headlines amidst calls for coding to be taught to children as young as 5 years old, the timing is perfect for Agile on the Beach to be launching the world’s first design a degree course led by computer industry practitioners.
More information on this below ...
- 2014 Survey Attending 2014??
Win a ticket to Agile on the Beach 2015! We value feedback from you, please complete our survey for your chance to win
- Tech Trailblazers Awards Announce “Firestarter” Bursary for Non-VC Funded Early Stage Startups Tech Trailblazers Awards Announce “Firestarter” Bursary for Non-VC Funded Early Stage Startups
New deadline of September 19th to reflect new categories of IoT and FinTech
The highly successful Tech Trailblazers Awards has announced a new bursary for early stage non VC backed startups, the Firestarter program. This has being created to ensure that entry fees are ...
- Text AGILE to 82228 To receive text message reminders during the conference please text AGILE to 82228
Thank you to firetext who have provided services at a discounted rate to support Agile on the Beach
- Agile on the Beach 2014 Feedback form Please complete our survey for a chance to win a ticket to 2015 (2014 delegates)
- 2015 dates confirmed We are pleased to confirm that Agile on the Beach 2015 will be held on 3&4 September 2015
To register for 2015 news please click here
- Delegate Information We are really looking forward to seeing you at Agile on the beach in Cornwall next week!
Following on from the email we sent you earlier this month, please take the time to read through the information below that may prove useful to you and if you have not done so already please reply with any ...
- Agile on the Beach – Design a Degree Programme – Beta We hear from employers and industry all the time that the education system is failing to produce enough high quality IT graduates. Let’s change that!
What should a future computing related degree look like? Which topics, skills or knowledge areas should be included? How can courses be even better designed/delivered to prepare students with the skills ...
- The IBM Agile on the Beach Party 2014 We are delighted to confirm that this year IBM are sponsoring our beach party which will be held on the evening of Thursday 4th September 2014. Beach Party tickets are included with your main conference ticket.
This year Skybar will be providing an amazing stretch tent on Gyllyngvase beach in Falmouth.
The menu this year is BBQ ...
- TechBritannia – welcoming new media sponsors We are delighted to have TechBritannia on board as ‘in kind media sponsors’ for the 2014 conference. Rose, founder of TechBritannia will be helping to spread the word about Agile on the Beach by supporting our Public Relations activities during the conference.
Flying the flag for British Technology
Autumn 2014 sees the blossoming of TechBritannia, a platform ...
- Merchants Manor Hotel offer for Agile on the Beach Delegates Merchants Manor Hotel
Corporate Accommodation Rates for AOTB 4th & 5th September
Rates and Room Descriptions
All our rooms come with top of the range memory foam beds, complimentary tea and coffee making facilities with mugs from a local Cornish potter, mini safe, ironing facilities and TV. Complimentary Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel, as well as on-site ...
- New sponsors confirmed and good news for those on the waiting list We are delighted to confirm that our Beach Party this year is sponsored by IBM. The IBM Agile on the Beach party will be held on Thursday evening for everyone attending this years conference at Gyllyngvase Beach, near to the conference venue. IBM will also be presenting a lunchtime session on Thursday at the conference
- PRESS RELEASE : Agile on the Beach confirms Full house for Second Year PRESS RELEASE : Agile on the Beach confirms Full house for Second Year
Agile on the Beach have announced for the second year running that tickets for the conference this September have sold out. Despite expanding the conference capacity this year to 270, tickets have still sold out with 8 weeks remaining until the event. The ...
- Could the next big coding sensation come from Cornwall? Young programmers urged to sign up to ‘Festival of Code’ this summer Could the next big coding sensation come from Cornwall? Young programmers urged to sign up to ‘Festival of Code’ this summer
Young children from Cornwall with a keen eye for coding are being urged to sign up to a major coding competition which is taking place across the UK this summer between 28th July and 3rd ...
- Heads up: Agile on the Beach is almost sold out We are delighted that demand is so high for tickets to the conference again this year. Having already expanded this years capacity by 40 tickets and after crunching our numbers we can confirm we have less than 20 tickets remaining for general sale.
We will maintain a waiting list if needed should you miss these remaining ...
- Welcoming 3 New Sponsors to Agile on the Beach We are pleased to confirm 3 new sponsors of Agile on the Beach 2014
Cornwall College is one of the largest further and higher education colleges in the UK.We are committed to enriching the lives and creating new opportunities for our community.Our mission is: “To provide learners with a high quality experience, celebrated through vocational and ...
- Unique Cornish Conference expands in its Fourth Year Following 3 years of success, Agile on the Beach 2014 has extended their conference again this year announcing that forty leading experts and practitioners in Agile will be gathering in Cornwall to speak at the conference in September.
The scope of the conference this year has grown from 3 to 4 tracks. The conference is maintaining ...
- Conference Update – June
Design a Degree – attendees invited to help design the perfect degree in computer science – lunchtime session at http://www.agileonthebeach.com
Friday nights Retrospective Dinner will be at @StMichaelsHotel by the beach with a great menu – booking details coming soon!
Chris Pomfret Chairman of @LEPCornwall_IoS confirmed to attend and welcome everyone to our Cornish conference this year
- Full Speaker List Full speaker list for Agile on the Beach 2014
Business Keynote : Bjarte Bogsnes : Beyond Budgeting – an agile management model for new business and people realities
Sander Hoogendoorn (Capgemini) Agile anti-patterns! Yes your agile project can and will fail too!
Frances Bonnington Doing Even Better Next Time: a retrospective on implementing Scrum in a non-engineering team
- Speaker Update : 30+ Speakers including Bonus Software & Product Design Tracks We can confirm we have 30+ speakers for Agile on the Beach 2014, and that it has been an incredibly high quality of submissions this year.
We would like to thank all those who submitted. We have had to make difficult decisions this year, we had enough submissions to run a week long conference, if only ...
- Software Keynote Confirmed – JB Rainsberger We are delighted to confirm that J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger, Canadian software development consultant and technology writer will be joining us at Agile on the Beach 2014 to deliver our Software Craftmanship Keynote and a Legacy Code Retreat
Consultant, coach, mentor and author, J. B. (Joe) Rainsberger helps both teams and individual programmers learn high-productivity techniques ...
- Targetprocess confirmed to sponsor and attend 2014 We are delighted to confirm that Targetprocess will be sponsoring and attending Agile on the Beach 2014
Targetprocess is the Agile Visual Management software that focuses on visualisation and freedom – supporting Scrum, Kanban, XP and any mix of processes and work practices.
The company was founded by Michael Dubakov in 2006 and has grown from day ...
- Learning Connexions sponsoring Agile on the Beach 2014
We are delighted to confirm that Learning Connexions are sponsoring Agile on the Beach 2014
Learning Connexions is a dedicated training and learning & development consultancy. We specialise in high–end training for developers, leaders and all types of software professionals. We deliver both public and private courses covering everything from Agile methodologies to technical courses in ...
- Help shape the future of coding careers in Cornwall! Help shape the future of coding careers in Cornwall!
Are you interested in or do you know someone who is interested in a career focussed on coding?
Are you a software developer? Have you coded before or are you interested in helping to support others into this skills area?
In Cornwall we have more coding vacancies than skilled ...
- Minchin Grimshaw Social Media Sponsors
Minchin Grimshaw – Social Media
We are delighted to confirm Aren Grimshaw will be supporting Agile on the Beach 2014, he will be joining the marketing team and supporting our social media presence leading up to and during the conference.
Minchin & Grimshaw are a consultancy focusing on clients who wish to stay ahead of the competition ...
- Agile on the Beach Interview with StudioAlt. Delighted to catch up with Tony Short of StudioAlt. to talk about the Agile on the Beach conference
Read the interview here
- BEACHSIDE CONFERENCE ATTRACTS GLOBAL PIONEER IN BUSINESS METHODOLOGY Business leaders who strive for an adaptive management model will be heading to the Cornish coast this September, to witness this rare UK presentation from a global innovator.
Bjarte Bogsnes, Vice President of Performance Development at Statoil – Scandinavia’s largest company with operations in 36 countries and a turnover of 130 bn USD – and author ...
- Sponsors 2014 We are delighted to confirm early sponsors of Agile on the Beach 2014, if you are interested in sponsoring Agile on the Beach 2014 we have a range of flexible sponsorship opportunities available, please do contact us.
Thank you to Riverblade for their continued sponsorship of the conference this year
Riverblade is a UK based Independent Software ...
- Keynote 2013, Dan North, Jackstones, Journey to Mastery In 2013 we were delighted to welcome Dan North to the conference, watch his keynote and read his thoughts and experiences of Agile on the Beach.
“Agile on the Beach was a fun and informative couple of days in Cornwall. Informal yet well-organised, it brought together some 200 locals and visitors for two days of talks ...
- Agile Innovation launches on the beach – Oxford Innovation Media Release Agile Innovation launches on the beach
Oxford Innovation has launched Agile Innovation, an extension of their highly successful Coaching for High Growth programme supported by the ERDF (European Regional Development Fund) Convergence programme.
Agile is a globally recognised methodology which has its roots in software but the Agile Innovation programme has been developed by the OI team ...
- Retrospective : let us know your feedback If you attended this years conference as a delegate, speaker, sponsor or team member we would very much appreciate your feedback on Agile on the Beach 2013 for our retrospective.
- Comedy : Chet Rong videos from @atlassian : The (w)Rong way to do agile Another chance to see Chet Rong comedy videos again played on the @atlassian stand at Agile on the Beach .. if you havent met Chet yet, its a must watch!
The (w)Rong way to do agile stand ups
The (w)Rong way to do team structure
The (w)Rong way to do Requirements
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsB0UZR7XvE&list=PLaD4FvsFdarQytrGAmCo2qW_rAWcfBKeV or via https://www.atlassian.com/agile
Thanks again to Atlassian for sponsoring ...
- Blog – Chris O’Dell : Agile on the Beach 2013 Catch her review of the conference at
Watch Chris giving her experience report on continuous delivery at 7Digital this year at Agile on the Beach
Continuous Delivery at 7digital – an Experience Report
Video : http://youtu.be/kW4nGMZpMkc
Presentation – http://prezi.com/eyuraa1red-9/agile-on-the-beach-continuous-delivery-at-7digital/
- Keynote Blog from Gabriel Steinhardt on Agile on the Beach 2013 Gabriel Steinhardt – Product Management and his thoughts on agile
Gabriel has compiled a blog post reviewing his experience and thoughts of Agile on the Beach
Gabriel shares his views on Agile and Product Management – Concepts, Identity, Roles, Encroachment, Scalability, MVP and User Experience
Read it here at
Read it here at
- Videos of Sessions at Agile on the Beach 2013 now online All available videos and presentations from the sessions at Agile on the Beach 2013 are now online
Keynote 2013 : Dan North
Ewan Milne Agile Contracts: Building Trust
Rachel Davies The Art of Slicing and Dicing User Stories
Mark Craddock G-Cloud and the new CloudStore
Mark Craddock, Steve Parks and Ewan Milne Becoming a G-Cloud & Government supplier
David Lowe ...
- Blog : Wouter Lagerweij : Agile On The Beach Talk 2013
Agile On The Beach Talk
Ciarán and I had a wonderful time at the Agile on the Beach conference this last week. We did the first full version of our talk: “The ‘Just Do It’ approach to change management”… read more at http://www.lagerweij.com/2013/09/07/agile-on-the-beach-talk/
You can see Wouter & Ciarán presenting their session
The “Just Do It” approach to ...
- Blog : Software Mastery & Conference reviews by Steve Parks MD at Wunderroot 2013 Steve Parks UK Managing Director at Wunderroot and speaker at Agile on the Beach 2013 has written two fantastic posts already on the conference and there are more to come .. http://www.wunderroot.co.uk/agile-beach-conference-2013
Dan North on Software Mastery
The Art of Agile Feedback
Catch Steve on video speaking at Agile on the Beach this year below
Healthy Web Projects ...
- Blog : Agile on the Beach? Dr Steve Cayzer – Senior Teaching Fellow at Bath University 2013 Blog : Agile on the Beach? Dr Steve Cayzer – Senior Teaching Fellow at Bath University
Agile on the Beach. Is this a real conference? I was sceptical, until I checked the 2012 lineup and discovered that this conference – probably more than other agile conferences – tackled business as well as technical challenges. It’s also ...
- Blog Post : Daniel Groves : Agile on the Beach a Dev Perspective 2013 Many thanks to Daniel Groves – Web designer and developer based in South West England
My experiences and lessons from Agile on the Beech 2013
If you have photos, blogs or content you would like to share please send to b.waldock(at)oxin.co.uk